Sunday, August 26, 2012

What Makes the Teacher Happy

*warning...this is a totally useless post, but I thought, "hey someone might like to know what a nerd this teacher is." so I decided to post it!* :)

My favorite new teaching toy supply!
What does it take to make the teacher happy?  Other than having a fantastic group of 2nd graders (check), who listen and follow directions (check) and work their hardest everyday (double check)..all it takes is office supplies.  Yep, you heard that right.  Office supplies.  That's it.  Just office supplies.  A bit nerdy I suppose, but office supplies really make me happy.  Especially really cool ones like the ones I have gotten this year.  For example, I got a new pair of teacher scissors (thanks Mya!).  And these are not just ANY scissors my friends, they are NON-STICK scissors.  And when you are a teacher you cut a LOT of sticky things - tape, magnets with sticky stuff on the back, stickers, etc.  Having a NEW pair of scissors that won't get all gunky...pretty much HEAVEN!  And then there is my new tape dispenser, shaped like a high heel.  Pretty stylish don't you think?  What teacher wouldn't want a high heel to dispense their tape from?  Because goodness knows you can't actually WEAR high heels and teach.  Unless you are my friend Miss Scheppers who does rock high heels every single day, but that is because she is simply amazing!  Of course I can't forget my new electronic stapler.  It staples by itself.  An exceptionally amazing feat according to my class.  They love to watch their papers being magically stapled together.  And it saves my hand/wrist from that repetitive motion.  It is never too early to be worried about carpal tunnel!  All three of these are great office supplies.  But nothing has quite excited me as much as my weekend purchase.  Are you ready for it? Ok, you probably already know from the picture above, but I got my very own LAMINATOR!!  Do you know how exciting that is?  Teachers LOVE to laminate.  It makes things durable and reusable.  Plus, it is really just kinda fun!  So, should you have an incredible urge to cut out laminating, I could probably hook you up with some. Or if you find yourself in an office supply store with an unstoppable urge to by laminating pouches, we could probably take them off your hands.  :)
All nerdiness aside, I hope you have enjoyed our Sunday night foray into the exciting office supply habit addiction story of this 2nd grade teacher.  I promise to be back later in the week with more kid relevant posts and pictures.  Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Mrs. Heath

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool lol

Darcy Heath said...

Thanks for humoring my addictions Jessica! I'm glad someone appreciates them! Mr. Heath -- not so much. He seems to think that they are a bit spendy, but hey...what does he know, right?

:) Darcy Heath

Unknown said...

Anytime... I'm loving the tape dispenser!