Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Dunk Tank!!!

What to do on a chilly October day?  "Why, I think we should get into a dunk tank" said all of cool teachers (and principal) at Hickory Hill Elementary School.  So, that's exactly what we did! 

 I should mention that it was a special reward for our top fundraising sellers, and the teachers volunteered to be there.  However, we may have been more hesitant had we known in advance that dunking day would have a high of 54 degrees!  But, being the team players we are, we climbed on in and let the kiddos go to town.  We had a 100 % dunk rate - because if they missed with the balls, they got to hit the button.  :)  As an added bonus, Mr. Snyder even let all staff members dunk him for free.  I, brown-noser that I am, politely declined.  Many others took him up on it though!

For your viewing pleasure...photos of the dunk tank. (with special thanks for the photos to Mrs. Simmons and Mrs. Koehler!)

Chatting it up with the crowd.  How could they cheer for Matt and not me?

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Still waiting...


Good thing Mrs. Heath knows how to swim!

It was a bit chilly coming out of that water!

I do believe I resemble a drowned rat!

Ms. Palatas takes her turn!

Mr. Snyder was the bomb - he must have gotten dunked 30 times!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! Way to be a team player!