Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm Talking BIG!

In writing we have been working on revising our writing by using more exciting words.  Today we read an awesome poem:  I'm Talking Big!
I’m Talking Big!

By: Colin McNaughton


I’m talking big!

I’m talking huge!

I’m talking enormous, immense,

Tremendous!

I’m talking hulking, towering,

Titanic, mountainous!

I’m talking maximum, massive, stupendous, gigantic, monumental!

I’m talking fantastic, fabulous,

Incredible, unbelievable, mammoth,

Vast!

I’m talking astronomical, mighty,

Monstrous, universal, colossal,

Magnificent, galactical!

I’m talking BIG!
 
After reading this poem, students worked together to write their own synonym poems for some of our "over-used" words. 
 
Walking
By:  Connor and Haleigh
 
I’m talking skipping!
I’m talking running!
I’m talking galloping and sliding, jogging, and hopping!
I’m talking walking!
 
Hot
By:  Sariyah and Addison
 
I’m talking  burning!
I’m talking steaming!
I’m talking sizzling, roasting, blistering.
I’m talking hot!
 
Small
By:  Andrew K. and Kamira
 
I’m talking teeny weeny!
I’m talking tiny!
I’m talking miniature, teeny, microscopic!
I’m talking small!
 
 
Happy
By Marriah and Mason
 
I’m talking joyful!
I’m talking elated!
I’m talking great, glad, thrilled!
I’m talking happy!
 
Excited
By: Emily and Andrew G.
 
I’m talking bedazzled!
I’m talking impressed!
I’m talking awesome, great, shocked!
I’m talking excited!
 
Sad
By:  Molly and Grace
 
I’m talking disappointed!
I’m talking worried!
I’m talking lonely, let down, upset!
I’m talking sad!
 
Good
By: Landyn and Trey
 
I’m talking nice!
I’m talking enjoyable!
I’m talking satisfying, excited, great!
I’m talking good!
 
Cold
By:  Madison and Thomas
 
I’m talking freezing!
I’m talking breezy!
I’m talking icy, windy, frosty!
I’m talking cold!
 
 
Nice!
By:  Orion and Bryce
 
I’m talking respectfully!
I’m talking honest!
I’m talking delightful, gladly, friendly!
I’m talking nice!
 
Fun
By:  Brayden and Joshua
 
I’m talking entertainment!
I’m talking ball!
I’m talking impressed, pleased, enjoyment!
I’m talking fun!
 

No comments: