Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day Musings ... And a Few Great Poems

I love snow days -- and hate them at the same time!  I love that I get a bonus day to spend with my family and get caught up on the never ending pile of work that teaching brings.  I also hate that I miss seeing the bright, shiny faces of my 21 friends.  We have a lot of fun learning together each day and I miss them when we are apart!

As for this snow day - I'm busy getting some work done for my boys' trap team, looking at some writing done by our friends, scoring essays for Hickory Hill's scholarship, and going through a stack of papers that have been needing my attention.

One of the things in my stack of papers are two great poems written by friends on our 2nd grade team.  One had an author name and will be noted, the other is apparently anonymous.  Either way - they are both great and I wanted to share them with you!

We're a
T - teammates
E - entertained
A- awesome
M - Mrs. Heath as teacher
         By:  Andrew K.

We're a Team
T-turns
E- excited
A-amazing
M-mighty

H-helpful
E-education
A-athletic
T-thoughtful
H-happy
     By:  Anonymous

No comments: