Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to School Time is Here!!

I can always tell when it is back to school time because my debit card gets well used at office supply stores, teacher stores, dollar stores, Target, and Wal-Mart.  There are just so many FUN things to buy!  I have a bit of a school supply obsession (or so my husband claims).  My BIGGEST school supply weakness is Sharpies.  Oh, how I LOVE my Sharpies.  They have such bright bold colors and different pen widths too!!  This year I found a new type of Sharpie and I ADORE them!
There are many other things that a busy teacher needs.  This year my back to school list includes:  hot glue gun, blue Solo cups, Popsicle sticks, orange material, beads, magnets, pencils, erasers, name tags, books, 3 hole punch, Post it Notes (my other obsession),  lots of new sport-themed classroom decorations, stuffed sports balls,  six different sports pennants, plastic book bags, stickers, self sticking labels, and of course a new outfit for the first day! 
Of course the best part of back to school isn't all of the supplies...it is the anticipation of getting a great new group of students to teach.  This year I am extra excited because I will get to have some of my 1st graders from last year in my new 2nd grade class.  What a lucky teacher I am!!  Stop back by in the next day or two to check out pictures of our new classroom.  We are going to ROCK a sports/teamwork theme this year.  I can't wait!

Love,
Mrs. Heath 











No comments: