Thursday, January 9, 2014

Meet Miss Smrcina


My name is Ms. Smrcina and I am beyond excited to work with Mrs. Heath’s second grade class.  I am so excited to begin the next chapter of my life and learn from not only Mrs. Heath, but also from each and every one of the twenty one students as well. I will be with Team Heath for ten weeks and will then move to Portal Elementary to student teach in the Special Education department. 

I was born in Omaha, but was raised in Fremont, Nebraska.  I attended a one-room country school from Kindergarten through sixth grade.  I am able to use many memories and experiences from my elementary school as I am beginning to work with elementary students more and more.  My dad and mom have been happily married for twenty five years.  I have three brothers, Jake (23), Josh (19), and Zach (17.  They are all very dedicated runners so I am constantly attending races and meets to support them.  My family has three dogs, Bailey, Lacy, and Zoey.  I also have a dog of my own, Jerzee, who weighs a measly six pounds.  She has quite the attitude and loves to play ball and go on walks.

I can remember back to when I was in fourth or fifth grade and the idea of being a teacher crossing my mind.  Ever since then, becoming a teacher has been my goal.  I love being able to work with children on a daily basis and hopefully make a difference somehow in their lives, as my elementary teacher did for me.  I will graduate from Midland University in May of 2014 with a double major in Special Education K-6 and Elementary Education K-8. 

In my free time I love to take Jerzee for walks, spend time with family and friends, arts and crafts and rooting for the Green Bay Packers.  I am on Pinterest constantly coming up with new ideas for arts and crafts, as well as games and activities for different classroom settings.    Thank you for allowing me to spend the next ten weeks with your children!   I know it will be an experience that I will learn from and remember for the rest of my life. 
 

No comments: